The Rosella plant (Hibiscus sabdariffa), this plant belonging to the genus Hibiscus. This plant can grow up to 2-2.5 meters tall. Its red flower has been used widely for traditional medication. China and Thailand are the world’s largest producens of rosella.
Rosella is rich in anthocyanin, and also protocatechuic acid. Dried petals flower are rich with variety of flavonoids, such as gosipetin, hibisetin, and sabdaretin. The main color substance of the plant, formerly known as hibisin, has now been recognized as dafnifilin. Rosela also contains delfinidin 3-monoglucoside compounds, cyanidin 3-monoglucoside (chrysanthenin), and delfinidin. Rosella is one of the best herbs that contain vitamin c.
Rosela is considered to have antihypertensive properties. This plant is used as a diuretic, medium laxative, heart and nervous diseases, and cancer. In East Africa, rosela petals boil water as a cough medicine.
Benefits and Efficacy of Rosella Flower
There are many benefits and efficacy of rosella flower daintaranya is as follows:
- As an antibacterial
- As anti-inflammatory
- Healthy eyes
- Shed the sputum
- Reducing blood viscosity
- Stimulates bowel peristalsis
- Helps to relieve sore throat
- Helps improve the immune system in the body
- Improve your metabolism
- Reduce pain in migraine
- Overcome cough with phlegm
- Contains multivitamins and beta-carotene
- Natural skincare
- Helps to prevent osteoporosis
- Contains omega 3 for brain intelligence
- Supporting smokers therapy
- Lowering high blood pressure
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Inhibits cancer growth
- Can help lowering cholesterol levels
- Helps maintain body stamina
- Can help in diet program
- Reduce internal heat and constipation
- Can reduce stress (afak of relaxation)
- Reduce the effects of addiction on drugs
- Prevents inflammation of the urinary tract
- Lowering fatty liver fat
- Helps reduce hypertension and cholesterol
- Overcoming uric acid problem
Of the many benefits and efficacy of rosella flowers will definitely arise questions. how to consume rosella? You can consume rosella as tea. The following den we provide how to make it:
Roselle petals are used as health drinks because they contain high levels of vitamin C and anthocyanin. Moral society makes rosella drink by boiling dried petals for 8-10 minutes until red boiled water, then added sugar. In Mali and Senegal, roselain to make a fresh drink with mint leaves or fruit perisa.
How to make rosella tea?
The rosella tea flower bouquet is blooming from the tree, dry with sunlight. But the best way to dry it is with oven. Once it dry, store it in a sealed container.
To consume it, take 5-7 dried roselle baskets, split in half. Then brewed with hot water, let until the water color changes to red. Strain, then add 3 spoon of honey and 1 spoon. Serve while warm.
How to Eat Rosella Tea?
Fresh rosella: get some fresh rosella flowers, wash clean, boiled with water. Lift and pour into a glass. Add honey or java sugar to reduce the sour taste.
In this recipe you also need to be careful because this beverage taste is very sour, like other herbs that contain vitamin c. for those of you who have problem with ulcer, drink it wisely.